Disclaimer: The downloads made available through links on this page contain software developed by NTIA. NTIA does not make any warranty of any kind, express, implied or statutory, including, without limitation, the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and data accuracy. NTIA does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of the software or the results thereof, including but not limited to the correctness, accuracy, reliability or usefulness of the software or the results. You can use, copy, modify, and redistribute the NTIA-developed software upon your acceptance of these terms and conditions and upon your express agreement to provide appropriate acknowledgments of NTIA's ownership of and development of the software by keeping this exact text present in any copied or derivative works.
By clicking any link on this page to download software, you acknowledge that you have read the above disclaimer.
Notice: The Department of Commerce has made this HF propagation software available free of charge, as is from these web pages. Please understand there is no general funding to assist the users of this software. Users desiring program enhancements and modifications should contact Chris Behm.
The following HF propagation models for Windows PCs are available from NTIA/ITS:
Windows-95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP 32-bit HF Propagation Models from NTIA/ITS
- Version 05.0119W (21 February 2008) - A .zip file that contains ICEPAC, VOACAP, and REC533.
- Since February 2004, installation is done with Tarma Installer©.
- WARNING: Do NOT install the software on a Compressed NTFS file system. There are reports that some of it does not work. This is only possible on Windows-NT/2000/XP systems. Do a right mouse click on the drive and show the Properties to verify the file system.
- As of 23 Feb 99, a new version of Salford's compiler is being used. It is significantly faster (almost 3 times faster) than previous versions.
- This has been compiled with Salford's FTN77 compiler for WIN32.
- It will NOT work on Windows 3.x systems.
Note for Windows-NT/2000/XP installation:
The icons to execute the software may not install properly on Windows-NT/2000/XP systems. Here is a solution:
- This problem should be solved with version 04.0202 using the Tarma Installer©.
- Execute the software from Start/Programs/ITS HF Propagation/....
- You can also now execute any of the ..\bin_win\*.exe files directly
If you can do the above, you can create an icon on the desktop by:
- Start/Programs/ITS HF Propagation
- Right mouse click while the mouse is over ITS HF Propagation and pick Explore
- Then do a right mouse click on ITS HF Propagation and pick Send to > Desktop
- You can then change the desktop icon to c:\itshfbc\icons\itshf.ico
The above is true only if you use the default installation.
The readme.txt file describes installation and registration procedures (all software is now free).
Download the ICEPAC Technical Manual: Word 7.0 format, pdf format
Download the ICEPAC Original User's Manual: Word 7.0 format, pdf format
Thanks to Brenton S. Vogelsang of Australia for converting the above manuals to Word.